Sbsettings and Respring wont work on ap0calypse

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by wayne, Mar 19, 2013.

1. wayne

wayne New Member

hi im new here and i just downloaded ap0calypse and put it on my iphone 3g. it was working great and i loved the layout and features. but when i added sbsettings and did a respring it went into and infinite loop of the little circle in the middle just going around and around and i would have to reboot with the power and home button. so i thought sbsetting may not work with this ipsw so i took it off but i then found it wont respring under and circumstance. any help is appreciated thanks
  2. superbeak

superbeak Admin/Chicken Staff Member

Well the respring is broken in iOS 3 with Cydia I know that much. Are you respringing from sbsettings?
  3. superbeak

superbeak Admin/Chicken Staff Member

Well the respring is broken in iOS 3 with Cydia I know that much. Are you respringing from sbsettings?
  4. wayne

wayne New Member

no sbsettings doesnt even work. when i swipe to bring down the sbsetting trey it goes in to the respring loop. also neither ap0calypse or bl4ck0ut will work on my ipod touch 2g. ive tried everything from ireb, tiny umbrella running its server while restoring, different ipod cord. everything. itll restore like normal but after the restore itll just say i need to restore it again. any suggestions? thanks
  5. li0nic

li0nic Moderator Staff Member

SBSettings won't work with 3.1.3 or 4.2.1 as it shld since they changed their release from 5.2.2 up to 6.0x-x! If you wanna use SBSettings on your phone or ipod, than you have to get the old version and the recommended packages from the web somehow. After installing them you must prevent cydia from updating them by deactivate "show updates ....".

As far for this, you have to uninstall all which was installed by SBSettings (sbtoggles etc etc) and than you could install the 5.2.2 again via terminal or the Cydia Auto installation part.

And yes, i'm using this method, as i found out for myself, that since the SBSettings was been updated, the Respring won't work anymore correct for me. I found the needed file on the web and restored than back to older version.

ONE BIG HINT: See our HOWTO-Section for more about this, beacause i rmbr, i wrote a post there about getting it back to work and attached the files! ;) (http://bl4ck0ut.com/forum/index.php?threads/read-get-sbsettings-back-working-as-usual.130/)
  6. wayne

wayne New Member

thats what i figured. they updated. except i did a clean install after seeing the respring problem and it did the exact same thing with nothing but the ap0calypse firmware installed from cydia. i said screw it now im using bl4ck0ut so hopefully that goes well. i would really like someone to help me with my ipod 2g. any ideas on what could be the problem there? thanks for the help so far
  7. li0nic

li0nic Moderator Staff Member

you dont read the answer i sent, do you? if yes, you wld figure, that is affecting both custom firmwares on all idevices.
    I suggest you, you read my hint i posted, and there you go! it works!
  8. wayne

wayne New Member

yea i dont read your answer when im clearly saying im not using sbsettings and still having problems. obviously you arent reading my response. seeing as how i cant even get my ipod 2g to even boot yea im sure the problem its sbsettings from cydia....